Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back from the frozen north.

Alaska trip was amazing. Beautiful scenery and fun cruise. Below I'm holding a future sled dog. We got to ride in a wheeled sled, which is what the mushers use to train the dogs out of snow season. The dogs are so strong, the mushers have to move them by hanging on to their collars and only allowing two legs to touch the ground. Every dog in that place wanted to be hitched up to the sled. What a caterwauling when the mushers went out to select the ones they wanted.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want to ride a dog sled in Alaska so bad! :-)

You might want to change your comments to something other than "embedded below the post". I had to post anonymously because it does not recognize me as signed in. You might get more comments if you switch to one of the other options.

Jen
Never Say Never Greyhounds