Sunday, April 18, 2010

My first pattern, packaged and ready to find a vendor!

People are always admiring my quilting tote, so I have designed a pattern for one that I hope to sell at a local quilt store. Here is a picture of the totes on the front cover:


The sample I made for the store looks very much like the one on the left.

I am working on a quilting workshop where my students can learn a skill (curves without curved piecing and a stack and slash technique) and then finish their sample block as a Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt for Ami Simms' Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Here is the small quilt I will use as a sample:


It is 8.5" by 10.5", small enough to fit into the Priority mailer.
I'm hoping to inspire some quilters who haven't heard about the AAQI project to make and donate again in the future.

No comments: